Al Wasl Printing

Printing Terminology You Need to Know – II

As we discussed in our previous blog, we are starting to get more familiar with some of the printing terms most commonly used in the industry. Let’s keep going! In this article, we are going to know more about the terms like large format, ink types, dye-sublimation and paper types.

Large Format

Basically, these are big industrial printers known as wide format. We can see the banners posts etc. which are used by large format printing. Large format printing typically use the same technology as desktop printers, but are bigger and more reliable. The printed images are sharp and readable that is designed to be viewed from a distance.

Ink Types

The commonly used inks are solid inks, solvent inks, pigment inks and dye inks etc. Solid ink is a brick of color used to print. It can be great for printing vibrant color. Usually Ink is supplied in solid form and it is melted into a wax before printing. Pigment ink is used to maintain the color properties. Solvent inks are dye-based inks which enhance the UV stability for printing on fabric, vinyl and canvas.

Dye – Sublimation

It is an alternative method used for fabric printing and in other applications. Images can be print directly onto fabric and with a heat press it can fixed into the fabric.

Saddle Stitching

It is an odd name for a book binding process that places wire staples through sheets of paper but in the printing industry stapling is commonly called Stitching. The saddle stitching is commonly used in booklets, newsletters, wall calendars, thinner magazines and catalogues.

To be continued…..

Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • Image
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
Click outside to hide the comparison bar